During the Holiday Season please make sure to take some precautions. Here are some Crime Prevention Tips For The Holiday Season
1. When parking your vehicle to go shopping, remember where you parked it! Always park in a well lit and well traveled area. Do not park in a remote dark area.
2. When you return to your vehicle, scan the interior of your car to be sure no one is hiding inside. Check to see if you are being followed.
3. Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle. You will be ready to unlock the door and will not be delayed by fumbling and looking for your keys.
4. When storing items purchased at the stores, place them out of sight. The best place is in a locked trunk.
5. Do not leave your purse, wallet, or cellular telephone in plain view.
6. Don’t resist if someone tries to take any of your belongings. Don’t chase someone who robs you, they may have a weapon. Instead call 911.
7. Lock your vehicle and put up your windows even while you are driving.
8. If you go to an automatic teller machine for cash, check for people around and make sure it is well lit and in a safe location.
9. Carry only the credit cards you need and avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
10. If you make a purchase with your credit card, be sure to obtain the carbons or see that they are destroyed in front of you.
11. Beware of the “a good deal” scams. Things are not always what they appear to be.
12. If you are purchasing toys for small children, be sure that they are safe. You will be surprised what a small child can swallow or what can injure them.
13. Drive defensively. Traffic is heavier during the holidays. Drivers may also have indulged in too much holiday spirits.