The Town Council has the authority and responsibility to effect the provisions of the Town Charter or laws of the State of Delaware to maintain order, protection and good government of the Town for:
- Protection and preservation of persons and property
- Public health and wealth of town and its’ inhabitants
To be elected to the Town Council, a potential member must:
- Have resided in Cheswold for 1 year
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude
(Specific information is available in the Town Charter, (Sections 4.2.48 and 5.2.1)
MEETINGS – Town Council meetings are held the 1st Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m., at the Fire Hall, Main Street, Cheswold. If a holiday falls on that Monday, the meeting is held on Tuesday, the same time, same location.
However, there are situations with scheduling the use of the Fire Hall that require the meeting to be re-scheduled to another night of the week or to the 2nd floor Board Room of the Fire Department. You should always check the website, Post Office or Town Hall bulletin board to discover if the meeting date or location has had to be changed. Opportunities for community comments and concerns are provided at the monthly meetings, as they are mostly informational.
The Town Council also conducts monthly Workshop meetings in the Town Hall on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. If there are 5 Tuesdays in a month, this meeting may be changed to the 4th Tuesday of the month, so again check the website, Post Office or Town Hall bulletin board for meeting cate changes. This is a working meeting and opportunities may not be provided for community comments.
RESIDENTS ARE INVITED to ATTEND and OBSERVE AT BOTH THE MONTHLY and WORKSHOP COUNCIL MEETINGS.
For a complete list of Public Meetings Click Here
Members: 2017 -2018
- Mayor: Mr. Robert W. Sine
- Vice-Mayor: Mr. Larence Kirby
- Secretary/Treasurer:Ms. Theon Callender
- Council Person: Mrs. Judith Johnson
- Council Person: Mr. Matthew Asinger
Email: matt email@example.com
- Council Person: Position – Vacant
Council Member Contact Information:
- Office: (302) 734-6991
- Fax: (302) 734-1355
View Past Meeting Agendas & Minutes