Registering to Vote in Town
To qualify to vote in Town Elections, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be a resident of the Town of Cheswold for at least three months before the date of the election.
If you would like to register, please visit us at the Town Hall, and bring a photo ID and a utility bill with your name on it.
Running for Office
If you are interested in running for office, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a resident of the Town of Cheswold for at least one year before the date of the election.
- Must be qualified to vote at the annual Town Election.
- May not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude.
For more detailed information about running for office, please contact the Town Hall.
Town Elections are held on the on the last Tuesday in March. Absentee ballots are available at the Town Hall.
Notice of an election for members of the Town Council will be given by posting notices in public places throughout the Town. The notices will give the date, time, and place for the election. If you will not be available during the time for the election, please contact the Town Hall to get an Absentee Ballot.